Thursday, October 1, 2015

The Upgrades

Last night, Me and my dad were discussing about upgrading my computer to an Intel Core i7 clocked at 4 GHz (Gigahertz. In case if you don't know.), a brand new video card, (We haven't decided on whether it should be a GeForce or another Radeon.) a Water-cooling system, 4 SSD's, (Solid State Drives) and a new 4TB Western Digital Black Drive. (To replace the three year old Caviar Green drive.) And we're going to max out the RAM to 32 GB. As that is the maximum amount of memory that my motherboard can handle. What's in it right now is it 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5, a 2TB WD Caviar Green hard drive (That I pulled out of my dad's server.), a AMD Radeon R9 280x video card (That has 3GB of video memory.) and 16 GB of RAM. I've had this computer since the Summer of 2014. and it replaced a seven year old Dell Precision 690 Workstation that I was using. (That thing weighed a ton! :O) Besides, This thing is much better. I played a lot of games on this machine including: Portal 2, Borderlands 2, Left 4 Dead, Quake II (A classic), SuperTuxKart, and Civilization: Beyond Earth. And when the upgrades get here. They'll run much better. (Especially BL2.)

No comments:

Post a Comment